Thursday, June 16, 2011

First Trip to the Zoo

Mark's parents came out for a visit a couple of weeks ago, and Grandma was really excited to take Camilla to the zoo for the first time. It was a big hit, even though the Syracuse Zoo isn't particularly big or exciting. She decided she really wanted to work hard for all the attention she was getting, and willingly tried to walk as much as possible that day. And by walk, I mean hold somebody's hands and move her tiny little legs at a snail's pace all over the entire zoo. However, as she has been uninterested in any walking until now, we all thought it was adorable and charming. 

Camilla's favorite animals seemed to be: the elephants, the many varieties of birds (including the ones that weren't actual exhibits), and the monkeys. She definitely seemed to understand that the whole day was intended for her enjoyment, and I look forward to taking her to the zoo again down the road.













1 comment:

jess bahr said...

She's seriously too cute! My mom was so excited to take her to the zoo! I am glad Camilla enjoyed it too. Good luck with the packing/moving. I wish we were closer to help.