I know I haven't posted in awhile, but Blogger says I'm out of space in my photo album and can't upload more pictures without purchasing more storage space. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, have you found a good solution? Will deleting old photos from Picasa and/or old posts free up space? Is it worth the money to just buy more storage? Or is there another blog host that gives you more storage? Since I really only use this for journaling purposes, I don't really feel like it's worth putting money into when I can just keep a free journal elsewhere. I also don't feel excited about going back to resize all of my photos because that sounds like a lot of work. Would love input if you've found a good solution!
UPDATE: Well, maybe I should have looked into this further! Looks like I still have lots of room. Maybe there really was just some fluke the day they told me I was out of space because it's only 19% full. So disregard this post unless you do have some good advice on this subject! :)
3 comments:
This happened to me. I have a workaround and actually prefer it. I upload my picture in batches to shutterfly - if you download their express uploader it goes fast. Then there is an option in blogger when you insert images to insert by URL. So in shutterfly you can right click on your picture and copy the url, then paste that in blogger. I know it sounds like more work, but the nice thing is it instantly pops into blogger, no waiting for it to upload there. Also you have access to your pictures from anywhere and you can store as much as you want on shutterfly. It's also a good backup for your pictures.
Many of my friends have been told they were out of room lately...where do you see the actual amount of memory available?
I went to my Picasa web album (which is apparently created when you start a blog) and scrolled to the bottom where is says how much of your space you are using. Mine said 19%. I don't know what it said the day I ran out of room, but I didn't know to check there. I did some reading and found out you can check your space that way. So I'm guessing there was some sort of glitch that told people they were running out of space because I didn't have any problem uploading pictures this time around. Hopefully it doesn't give me more problems because I don't want to change things for now and I'm not willing to pay for a blog that's just personal stuff. Hope that helps!
Post a Comment