Lately Millie has conversations during meals with. . . well, her food. Sometimes they are nonsensical, but yesterday's was particularly good:
(Holding up two pieces of cheese so they are facing one another) "Don't worry, Mommy will be back soon. She's in Nini's mouth."
****
In other news, when I had to buy a box of size 6 diapers (which contains about 1/2 the amount of a box of Luke's for the same price), I got pretty motivated to give potty training a try again. I was dreading this big time, and did not want to feel enslaved to it for the next weeks, months, or years. The first day was not great, but it could have been worse. I was so tempted to quit the next morning before I ever got out of bed. But I knew I should give it a real go, so we followed through. I could almost see the realization in her eyes when she understood for the first time that she needed to go before it just happened. We're on day four, Millie had one accident on day two and none so far since then. I'm still nervous about leaving the house, but we are so relieved and so proud of Millie for her amazing progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment