Thursday, August 8, 2013

Houston to Provo (in very few pictures)

July was a L-O-N-G month. I packed as much as I reasonably could over the past few months, and we left our Houston home at the end of June to drive to Utah. I have a slew of photos trying to get our whole family together in front of the house, and this is the best one we got. It'll have to do:

We arrived in Utah and spent some time enjoying time with Mark's family. We bought fireworks and enjoyed the 4th of July with the kiddos. Two whole pictures to prove it:



There is no photo documentation on my camera of the following weeks. We went house-hunting in the Provo area, and fell in love with a house right on the Provo River Trail. We're just renting for now, but I think we'll really love this home and may never want to leave. The location can hardly be beat. Pictures to follow.

Mark flew back to Houston to finish packing and to finish his job. The kids and I drove up to Oregon to hang out with my family for a couple of weeks. I'll need to steal pictures from other people, because we managed to have all of the cousins together for the first time ever. My kids had never met two of Joel's kids. They enjoyed having lots of playmates, but as you can imagine, it was rough not having Daddy around.

We headed back to Utah to start getting things settled to move in. We were happy when the moving truck arrived a few days earlier than expected (and it was amazing to finally not have to pack/unpack a moving truck all by ourselves!) Mark pulled into town the next evening, and the kids we were ALL thrilled to have him back in our lives! 

Almost a week later, we're still busy upacking and trying to get settled. We're tired, but really enjoying life right now. We look forward to many great experiences here and hope that moving back to Provo will be an overall positive new chapter in our lives. It is definitely a little surreal to be back here in many ways.

Without further ado, our home:  


Living Room

Kitchen

Kitchen/Dining Area

Family Room


Master Bedroom

Master Bath

Master Bath

Master Closet/Luke's current bedroom (it's huge, the picture doesn't do it justice)
Backyard

More Backyard

More Backyard (we have so much to explore!)

 
The view from our bedroom window--Mt. Timpanogos on the left, Y Mountain on the right

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome, Jenny! Your house looks great. What a good find

Unknown said...

That comment was Lisa Idais. I thought I put my name in there. Weird....

Lindsey Hicks said...

I completely missed this post. So fun to see pictures of your house! I think its awesome you're right on the river trail. Location location location!!

Professor Price said...

Dig the yard, can mark and I have a camp out?