Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring has come to town!

If you have ever spent a winter in upstate New York, you have a pretty good idea of how wonderful spring truly is. I never realized just how much the seasons can effect me until we moved here. One day of sunshine after weeks of grey, rainy, snowy winter brings me back to life in an amazing way. Mark and I went for a walk today without coats, scarves, gloves, umbrellas, boots, or even jackets! It was absolutely blissful! Just breathing in the warm, fresh air is like tasting sunshine. And the weather is supposed to stay warm for the next week! Last April we were hit with a huge snowstorm unexpectedly, so we're not going to get too excited just yet, but we're keeping our fingers crossed that sunshine is really here to stay. This week we planted tomatoes, basil, chives, thyme, cilantro, and peppers and they have overtaken our house. We have a master plan in mind to keep the pesky deer away from them once they're ready to move outside. We're getting anxious to barbecue, Mark is ready to test out his new fishing pole, and the spiders are coming out of hibernation mode at our house. Spring is here, and summer is just around the corner. Life is good. :)

6 comments:

Angella said...

Yeah for SPRING! It's about time we start catching up with the rest of the country! :)

Katie said...

Having spring be right around the corner is a great feeling. Especially with two little kids who want to get outside and play. But sadly we had snow storm hit yesterday and another one on its way tommorow. I hope you guys have better luck with the weather than we have. Love you guys.

Jecott (that's our Hollywood name) said...

Ahh...spring. I never appreciated it quite the same when I lived in other, more sunny, places. Ithaca is a wonderful place to live from April to October. The other six months....not so much.

Anna M said...

Happy Belated Birthday! If you need a place to come fishing there is a small lake stocked with small fish in our back yard. The kids think fishing is sticking a branch in the water and watching the fish come to the surface for treats. You're always welcome to show how it is really done!

Nicole said...

Yay! We didn't know you guys had a blog. We're so excited to keep in touch this way! Sounds like you guys are keeping busy and having fun. We are VERY impressed with everything you planted. Maybe we'll be calling you for tips. :)
Love you guys!

Linford Family said...

Hey Jenny,

This is probably the most incredibly awesome blog I have ever seen in my entire 25 (almost 26) years of life! And believe me, I have seen at least 3 or 4 other ones...anyway, sounds like the weather is good there. Today in Montana it was sunny at one point and snowing at another. I can't wait till it gets and stays warm! So does your husband have a lot more school left? hasta luego