Sunday, August 17, 2008

Husband Tag

I get a lot of these, but I don't have anything else to blog about so what can I do? Plus, I secretly enjoy doing these. :)

1- Where did you meet? BYU. Want more than that? He took my picture for a ward directory at church my first day in the new ward, I started to get interested in him, waited for a few months while he dated someone else, asked him out after they broke up, sparks didn't fly, the next month we had to make a random 6 hour round trip drive to pick up a friend in the middle of the night, we realized we might be interested after all, and the rest is history.



2- How long did you date before you were married? 9 months

3- How long have you been married for? 3 years next month

4- What does he do that surprises you? He's not a real mysterious person.

5- What's your favorite feature about him? His laugh. He can be pretty quiet around people, so they don't often hear him crack up hysterically. However, he finds many things funny and it's hard not to smile when I hear him laugh so hard about something that's not even humorous. :)

6- What's your favorite quality about him? His intelligence. He's so insightful about any subject, from physics to literature to the Gospel, but he also has never been one to act like he's smarter than everyone else so you don't feel uncomfortable around him.

7- Does he have a nickname for you? What is it? We sort of make fun of people who have pet names for each other (sorry. . .) but sometimes in jest he calls me 'Precious' or 'The Precious' (LOTR reference) or if he pretends to be angry with me he calls me 'Jennifer Joy'.

8- What's his favorite color? I don't know. Let me ask. . . . . . . He says he doesn't have a favorite color. Though he does wear a lot of red and blue and sometimes yellow. So maybe he's secretly Superman.



9- What's his favorite food? Pasta (and I don't mean spaghetti - he prefers penne pasta with some kind of sauce homemade from fresh veggies)

10-What is his favorite sport? He likes to play basketball, but doesn't really watch sports unless it's BYU football or basketball.

11- Who said I love you first? He did.

12- When and where was your first kiss? January 2005 sitting on the couch in my apartment after we had walked home from school together.

13-What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? Eat good food, watch funny shows like Wipeout, laugh.

14-Do you have kids? How many? No

15- What's a hidden talent that he has? I think his talents are pretty much out there on the table. He does play the piano really well, which you wouldn't know if you haven't been to church with him.

16- How old is he? 26
17- What's his favorite type of music? Almost ANYTHING. He can listen to music while working, so he'll blare it from the stereo and it drives me nuts! Depending on his mood, it can be anything from Nirvana to Jack Johnson to Enya to Matchbox Twenty to Broadway Musicals (he had a phase there where he loved Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat). He pretty much refuses to listen to Country or Michael Jackson though.

18- What do you admire most about him? He is such a completely good person. He has so much patience and is willing to help anybody no matter how tired or stressed out he is.

19-What's his favorite past time? He likes to play old computer games that he used to play as a kid. He would love to make his own game(s) someday.

20- Do you think he is going to read this? Yes, because he wants to know why I asked him what his favorite color is.
I tag: Katie, Jenn, & Mandy

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This was such a cute and fun post. It was fun to learn more about Mark.
Also, love the new background and the pic at the top. So cute!