Mark and I had dentist appointments a few weeks ago, and the dental hygienist gave Mark a hard time about flossing his teeth-- especially behind his permanent retainer (you know, the piece of wire they glue to the back of the bottom teeth to keep 'em from moving again). Every night since then, Mark has complained to me through words, sighs, and groans about how much of a pain it is to floss behind that thing. You have to use a special floss-threader thing to pull the floss through it and it takes forever. But he HAS been flossing faithfully every night.
Last night I was upstairs about to go get ready for bed when I heard Mark shout, "Jenny! We have a SERIOUS problem!" As visions of leaking pipes, overflowing toilets, or bug infestations filled my head, Mark ran up the stairs and said, "I pulled out my retainer with dental floss." Sure enough, after enduring 12+ years of eating, chewing, brushing, etc., he had managed to pull the thing loose at one end with a tug of floss. The more serious problem at hand was that he now had a piece of wire still cemented to his other teeth stabbing his tongue and gums.
Despite his discomfort, Mark opted to wait till we could call the dentist in the morning to see if they could squeeze him in rather than have me try to yank the rest of the thing out with pliers. Which is pretty much what the dentist did this morning, and Mark no longer has a "permanent" retainer. I find this whole thing amusing mostly because I think he blames the dental hygienist for making him floss his teeth.
On another note, we are in the market for a new camera. We don't want to go as expensive and fancy as an SLR (I don't want to be too intimidated to use it) but want something that has a decent zoom, manual controls available, and small enough to easily haul around on trips. If anybody has a camera that they love, I would really like suggestions.
4 comments:
We love the Canon Powershot A series and currently have an A590.
Whatever you get, I highly recommend one with video. Memory is cheap, and most of the video we take is less than 3 minute lengths.
We have two cameras, since Paul thinks that a girl should be able to carry a camera in her purse. I laughed at him at first, but now I'm so glad I have a small one to cart around everywhere, in case I see something funny or interesting I want to capture. So our small camera is a Canon Elph, Powershot SD450 and we love it. I agree that having video is very nice, especially for when you have kids. The zoom is okay, but you have to steady it really well or else it will be blurry.
For our nicer camera we have a Canon Rebel. I love having it cuz it makes beautiful pictures, but because of it's size, we only use it on special occasions.
If I could have one camera, it would be the smaller Elph.
Funny story about the floss. Originally I was going to comment that you don't have to use the special floss threader...you just loop the floss around three of your teeth and pull one of the ends through, but then I realized that it was unnecessary. (Funny that I still wrote about it). Hope you love Italy!
I was just going to say what Stephen said, then he said it first.
First of all, that story made me laugh out loud. Which Jeff probably didnt' appreciate since he's sleeping right now. haha.
second: we have the canon powershot sd1000 and we LOOOVE it. Really clear pictures, video capabilities. oh you can look it up. I dont' even know how to do all that it can do. it's great though. and very small and compact with a large screen on the back.
Good luck and have SOOOO much fun in Italy!
Post a Comment