Friday, December 19, 2008

Craftiness

There's something about the holidays that makes me want to make crafts. I think it's encoded into women's genes or something, because I'm not the only one. Mark dreads my visits to the craft store this time of year, because I don't often have a project in mind till I get there. Then I just start picking up stuff I think is cute, and though I may never figure out what to do with it, I have to have it. So here are a couple of things I've worked on this season. I really enjoyed glitter painting these classy purple ornaments (they go so well with the red ones I bought--not so much with the rest of my ornaments, but oh well). Unfortunately, I've managed to scratch them up pretty badly, so I might have to make more next year. :)

Another thing I got excited about were these little clippies that all of the cool little girls are wearing these days. Some of the women in my branch were learning to make them recently, and I had to get in on the fun. Unfortunately, I have no little girls to decorate on my own. Fortunately, I have two little nieces in Wyoming who might benefit from this recent hobby. We'll see how long it takes before I get tired of this and move on to the next idea.

4 comments:

The Taylors said...

Good Job on the ornaments Jenny-O!
They look awesome....Merry Christmas!

SMT Family said...

Your clips turned out great. Super cute.

jess bahr said...

WOW, you are really good! Those ornaments are gorgeous.
I have sort of looked into my craftier side as well - recently learned how to knit (I am working on a scarf) and I made a block/picture holder....maybe someday when we live closer to we can go to the craft stores together :)

Katie said...

I am totally in agreement with you that the winter is the time to get crafty!! I think for me it has something to do with being cooped up inside all day long. So it gives me something to do! By the way I love those cute hair baretts you made.