"When you set out on your journey to Ithaca, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge." -Constantine P. Cavafy
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Mom Question
I know this is lame because I have no photos to post. (Have no fear, I did take some last week of my ever-bulging belly, but Mark is out of town with the camera and I didn't transfer them to the computer yet.) But I'm starting to feel the "oh my gosh, I'm down to a month so I have to go buy everything else that I need ASAP" thing. I'm wondering for any moms out there if you have a recommendation as far as diaper bags go. I typically don't like to spend a ton of money on. . . well, anything. And I sort of figure a diaper bag will take enough abuse that I can justify getting a new one with each future kid. But I don't want to get something cheap and crappy that I'm going to hate looking at as the months go by and forever regret not doing more research. So if any of you have thoughts, it might help me out if you would indulge me. And if you do, I'll post pictures next week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am giving you my opinion so that I can get a picture!
We got the DadGear messenger bag. I wanted something that Skyler would be happy to carry for me. It has worked great and looks like new still. It was more than average, but it has everything we wanted and it doesn't look like a diaper bag (which was important to me). Best part, it has a place for everything so you don't have to dig for it and the interior is gray so it isn't a dark abyss in the main pocket. And the wipes case is great!
http://www.dadgear.com/gear_main.cfm?ID=2&style=1 It is a lot cheaper on Amazon.
I should be a spokesperson for all of the baby gear that I have and love. I had a lot of time on my hands that summer while Sky was studying for the bar and I was in mega nesting mode! I loved it!
I'm a big fan of the large purse that doubles as a diaper bag. But I have to admit, I am ALWAYS digging for everything just like Shannah said.
I honestly just used the free one from the hospital. It was black, it had lots of pockets, and I liked it. After awhile I found a back-style, insulated one at a yard sale (good for throwing snacks into!), and I use that the most now, and put stuff for all three kids in it.
I totally surprised myself with the diaper bag I use. It's just a big purse from Target (that red one, don't know if you remember) and it's held up awesome. I wanted one with three divided spaces inside (plus it has two side pockets, and two drink pockets) which are all I need. It's just the right size and I love how cute it is. So my advice is to just figure out what you want (as far as pockets and features) and look at everything, not just "diaper bags." Someone recently reccommended this one: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=655651012&tid=gofr1r which looks great too. It fits on a stroller (brilliant) and has a built in changing pad. However, that's probably a feature I wouldn't use much.
So, that's my advice. I'm so excited for you guys! MIss you tons! :)
I have one from SkipHop. More money that I wanted to spend, but it has a lot of pockets (important to me since I have so many random things) and it can be strapped to the stroller easily. That was probably the selling feature. Check out their website to see pictures of what I mean. I recommend buying one that attaches to the stroller like this because then you don't have a shoulder bad that is constantly falling of the handles of the stroller. This one just stays right there. Anyways, I probably didn't explain that well, but if you look at the picture it'll make sense.
You look great! I"m so excited for you! Love ya.
lots of hospitals do not give free ones anymore because they are an advertisement for baby formula, and they are trying to promote breast feeding at the hospital. I like having a big bag with little bags or containers in it. any cool bag will do. you may even have something around the house.
Post a Comment