Saturday, March 20, 2010

Random Updates

We've been super busy the past month or so, and I can't even begin to remember everything we've done. So here's a quick summary of some of the highlights:

* Dogsitting for Olive again. We love this little dog, and she even decided she liked Mark this time around because he took her for all of her walks. And let her sniff whatever she wanted. And let her get into a nasty patch of burrs that we then had to carefully dig out of her face for about an hour.

* Mark has been working like crazy so he'll be able to spend more time at home when the baby gets here. I don't see him so much, but am glad that he's been able to stay focused and disciplined. I couldn't do it. :)

* I've been absorbed in The Wheel of Time Series. I feel dorky admitting it, but now it's out there. If you haven't heard of these books, there are currently 12 and each of them around 800 pages. I just finished 11, and started sometime around February. I guess with Mark working so much, I have to fill my time somehow.

* A friend of mine from church threw me a fantastic baby shower with some of the most delicious food ever. I was seriously ill all night because I brought more home with me and wouldn't stop eating it. It was a lot of fun, and we laughed afterward when we realized we had not told one labor story the entire time. Amazing!

* Mark spent a week in Portland at the APS (American Physical Society) Conference. He got to see some friends from the BYU days and even some friends from Ithaca. I stayed home. . . and read. . . Mark even was thoughtful enough to bring me home a gift. I laughed so hard, especially when I imagined him having to walk up to the register to make this purchase:


They are delicious, though, and I would have to say I'd vote for Edward if it was purely based on the chocolates. :)

And finally, my most recently taken pregnancy picture. This would be approximately 35 weeks, so just about 8 months. I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable and huge at times, and other times I sort of forget it's there. People are starting to give me the "Whoa, you're about to pop aren't you?" look. If they only knew I have a whole month left. . .

5 comments:

Nicole said...

You look SO great. Seriously!!! We're so thrilled for you guys. And I'm definitely going to have to try The Wheel of Time...I've heard such good things.

sarahmontgomery said...

You look awesome pregnant!!! ya'll sound like you are staying busy and doing well. we are way excited you and baby!

jess bahr said...

Jenny you look so great! Seriously, I don't think you look very big for 8 months. My parents told me you were naming the baby "jerk" interesting choice :)
The next month is going to fly - let us know if you need anything!!

elizabethjoward said...

Congratulations Jenny, you look adorable (as always). Can't wait to hear when the baby arrives. There is nothing as wonderful as having a baby fresh from heaven into your home.

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

LOL! I'm on the Wheel of Time series, too! They take forever to read, though.