"When you set out on your journey to Ithaca, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge." -Constantine P. Cavafy
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Waiting
You see the little ticker on the right that says I'm like 40 weeks + 5 days pregnant? It's not lying, just so you know. She's still in there. And statistically speaking, that's pretty normal. I thought maybe I would make a public statement because no matter what I do, somebody assumes it means I'm in labor and on my way to the hospital. Or that I had the baby yesterday and I'm just not telling you. And despite the fact that I'm not completely miserable and in pain, I still get bugged pretty easily about it. I know I have a lot of people out there who care about me, and I do very much appreciate that. I certainly intend to send lots of emails out with a picture of our mushed up little baby girl when she gets here. In the meantime, I'm starting to feel afraid to go out in public because strangers stare at me like I'm some kind of alien and people I know act like the universe has unfairly conspired against me to make this baby come late. I figured she'd come late from the start, and if I can wait 9 months I can wait a few more days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is the right attitude! She is totally worth the wait and will come when she is ready and it won't be a moment too soon or too late. So glad to hear you are doing well. I remember not wanting to leave our apartment toward the end. Home is a safe place :) Enjoy your Sunday with Mark!
Also, thanks for your comment on my blog. It has helped me feel much better. Maybe I can convince Savvy to let me call you today!
Nothing wrong with late. They know when they are ready.
My friend was living in Egypt with her husband (he was teaching there for a year), where they don't induce just because it's been 40 weeks, and her baby was three weeks late, but he was healthy and happy. No worries.
Payge was late, too, and the worst part was going to church and having people say, "What are you DOING here?" Ug.
no worries Caitlyn and Kaci were both late. Glad to hear that you aren't to unconfortable.
I think you're a total champ for coming to church yesterday. There should be a special reclining pew with a place to put your feet up just for pregnant ladies.
Hang in there! I think the last days seem like months!
I have never been late but it felt like it any way. babies do their thing. I am excited to see pictures whenever you get around to posting them.take it easy.
Post a Comment