I guess you know you're married to a Physicist when you have this sort of experience. I think I was going back to bed after the midnight feeding (p.s. Camilla now wakes up every 2 hours and WON'T sleep until she's been fed a full feeding) and Mark sat up and leaned toward me. He asked, "What color is the button on your binary digit?"
Um. What? Even though he looked completely awake, I just wasn't sure that he knew what he was talking about. So I finally just said, "What??"
He proceeded to grab my blanket, pull it up and inspect it, and then said, "Oh, okay." And then he laid back down.
At this point I considered just going to sleep and ignoring him. But I needed to know if he was serious. I said, "Mark, are you talking in your sleep?"
Mark responded, "No! You see. . ." and then started trying to figure out how to explain himself. It probably would have been an awesome explanation full of words I didn't understand. So I just told him to go back to sleep. And he did.
Every time I woke up for the rest of the night, I told myself I needed to remember this experience so I could ask him about it and laugh about it. This morning when I saw him I asked him if he remembered asking me a question last night. He remembered, and even tried to defend himself a little bit. "Well I was looking for a button!!"
I think he needs a vacation.
2 comments:
That is so funny. Poor Mark - even when he does finally sleep he is still tortured by these exhausting inquiries.
That is hilarious! : )
Post a Comment