We had our final sibling wedding to attend this spring. Mark's youngest sister, Ashley, got married in March, and we knew we needed to make sure to be there. After much consideration, we decided to risk driving from Houston to Utah so we could spend as much time with family as possible and save money by not buying three plane tickets. The tragedy of the situation is that I have no photos on my camera of any wedding festivities. No documentation of the hours we spent shopping for decorations and setting them up, nothing of the temple grounds, no evidence of the reception. Fortunately I can get them from other people, but this trip seriously was so exhausting that pulling out the camera just never came to my mind. The kids were both absolutely wonderful on the drive up. One of the highlights of the trip was after driving all night long, then all day long and finally stopping for the night in Fort Collins, CO. Luke got into the hotel room and was immediately in heaven having the freedom to move about. We didn't have to entertain him for a full half hour while he explored while grinning and giggling the whole time. It was precious. Not so precious was the fact that Luke did not sleep well a single night once we made it to Utah. I was so exhausted.
Here are a few pictures I stole from my sister-in-law's blog (thanks, Jessica!) to document Ashley and Hutch's wedding:
I did capture a few shots of a few things that made the trip special:
 |
It snowed when we were in Utah. Not Millie's first snow, but the first she'll remember!
|
 |
| She named their snowman "Nini" - he melted by the end of the day |
 |
| Setting up for the reception--I guess I did get one shot, but nobody else is in it!! |
 |
| After the wedding, we drove up to Oregon. Millie and Kailey got to spend some quality cousin time together. |
 |
| We had an early birthday party for Millie. |
 |
| Most important to Millie: birthday hats |
 |
| Easter Sunday after church |
 |
| Hunting Eggs |
 |
3/4 of the siblings and their spouses Mike & Janelle, Mark & Jenny, Jeff & Jessica |
 |
| Poppie, Kailey, Meemaw, and Millie |
 |
| Luke & Millie |
 |
| The Transtrum Family |
1 comment:
I'm loving all these blog posts. Also - LOVE those bridesmaid dresses - sooo cute.
Post a Comment