It's been awhile since I blogged, and I'm going to skip a lot of stuff, but I'm going to try to get caught up a bit. We had a fun Fourth of July in Morgan this year. Since we have yet to figure out how to celebrate things in Springville, we opted for heading up to the parade again that yielded a TON of salt water taffy last year. We were not so lucky in the candy department this year, but we still had a good time.
Luke found ants on the tree (of COURSE he found bugs) and all the kids took turns poking them with a stick.
Millie was really excited for the parade since she remembered what the hype was all about.
More tree poking
Watching the parade with candy bags at the ready
These boys LOVE Grandpa. And the matching shirts was a coincidence.
Afterwards the kids played in the sprinkler with their cousins.
And did a little fishing (you can't catch much without a hook. . .)
Later we got ready to watch some fireworks.
Millie was in charge of keeping things organized.
She also got to light a few herself.
But she remembered burning her finger last year when she tried to pick up a firework that was still hot, so she was sure to get out of the way quickly.
I have a bit of a firework obsession. Not that I'm a pyromaniac, but I love setting off little cheap fireworks at home. This was an important part of my childhood. Mark could probably do without it, but he humors me and I try to keep it pretty small. But seriously, people in Utah have a passion for these things. And you can legally set off all kinds of aerial stuff that shoots way up into the sky. Which means we get some good free firework shows, but the noise lasts for several days late into the night. And it happens all over again on the 24th of July here. Not to mention there were several fires started in Springville alone from fireworks in July. It might be enough to turn me into a firework grinch, sadly.
No comments:
Post a Comment