Ever since we moved back to Utah, we have been planning a trip up to Kalispell, Montana to visit Mark's sister Rachelle and her husband Ben. We finally made it up there this past week, and the whole family came for a little reunion. Eventually I'll post some family pictures when we have access to them, but for now, here are some of the fun things we did.
Luke adored the chickens, and chased them around a lot. He also fed them lots of cookies, so they tolerated him pretty well. He would try to dump sand or water on them and laugh hysterically, but they would always come right back for more. I'm not sure if they are just dumb birds, or if they knew it was worth staying close to the kid who always had food nearby.
Much to my complete shock, Millie started grazing on fresh green beans from the garden. Apparently we're going to need to plant some when we finally get ours started. (Next year??) She also was completely in heaven when she got to have a campout complete with s'mores, a hike, and two nights sleeping in the tent with Grandma and Grandpa.
We got to visit Glacier National Park, which was a first for me. I took a lot of pictures, and I kind of randomly selected some without getting a good look at them. So hopefully you can get a feel for the grandeur of this place. Montana is beautiful, and Northwest Montana is especially so. It's just nature at its best, and I'm glad I didn't miss out on seeing this place even if it was packed with tourists.
We stopped at a lake to let the kids stretch and run around. They all ended up climbing in the cold water and having a lot of fun splashing around. Easily this was their favorite part of the day, since they spent most of the drive watching shows on their TV's.
2 comments:
I was just asking Lindsey how you guys were doing since I finished the two Stormlight Archive books and was wishing we could discuss them.
Your pictures are awesome! We had so much fun with you guys - thanks for letting us crash your party. :)
-Jess
Post a Comment